Employment and Vocational Training
Day 1 Program offers:
- Career Coaching
- Short-term rental and financial assistance
- Re-train and re-certify in your previous career
- Case management services
Do you qualify?
- Immigrant, refugee or asylee
- Low income
- ESL level 3 and above
- At least high school diploma or higher education that requires re-training or recertification in the U.S.A.
- Motivated to go back to school for career advancement
Yosef (206) 491-0184 firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohammad (206) 491-8621 email@example.com
Health Care Aide Training Program
Do you want to work as a licensed Home Care Aide? This training includes:
- Free Job Readiness Class
- Job Readiness Certificate
- Resume, Interview & Job Application Assistance
- Career & Academic Coaching
Job Readiness Class:
- Online orientation: date pending
- Spring dates pending, distance learning
- Monday through Thursday, 1pm – 2pm online
- one-on-one phone training with instructors
- Paid 75-hour HCA Training
- Home Care Aide certification
- Starting wage of $16/hr
- Medical Benefits (must work at least 80 hrs/month)
Are you eligible? You need…
- ESL Level 2+
- Reliable transportation
- Be ready for work
**Priority enrollment for TANF!**
Marie Kjeldgaard (206) 957-2029 firstname.lastname@example.org, or Thi Thi Gray
Childcare Training Program
Washington state now requires preschool teachers, assistant teachers and Home Child Care providers to have a HSD/GED and Initial Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE), within five years of their hire date.
ReWA offers two ECE courses to help students meet these new requirements. Read about the August 2020 Graduation here.
• Child Care Basics (STARS training)
This course is for ESL level 2 students (TANF priority) with little work experience outside the home. This class is the first step to earn the Initial Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE) at a local college.
Online summer course includes:
o 30-hour STARS Childcare Basics instruction
o Employment support
o Option to take college ECE class at ReWA in January 2021.
[Note: Internship part of training is temporarily suspended]
• Initial Certificate in Early Childhood Education (ECE) (I-BEST): ReWA will offer this 12 credit course in partnership with a local college. This Initial Certificate in ECE is being offered in an I-BEST and Cohort model which supports ESL and ABE learners.
o Courses run Winter and Spring Quarters
o Consists of ECED 105; ECED 107; and ECED 120
o First in the series of certificates that lead to an Associates degree in ECE.
Eligibility: Minimum of ESL level 3. High School equivalency/GED required. Spring course schedule pending.
Upon completion of the program, students have all the tools and certificates needed to gain employment as an Assistant Teacher or Teacher’s Aide in a preschool, daycare, or other childcare facility, with plenty of room for growth within the early childhood education field.
Employment Case Management and Job Readiness Training
ReWA helps our clients achieve economic self-sufficiency through comprehensive employment seeking and retention services.
Many refugees and immigrants arrive in the U.S. with limited job histories and non-transferable skills, making it difficult to find employment. To break down barriers to employment, ReWA offers Job Readiness Training.
In this 20 hour course, participants receive:
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Job search assistance
- Interview preparation
- Overview of U.S. work culture
We also provide employment case management to our clients who are unemployed or underemployed and are experiencing housing instability. Our services include:
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job retention services, such as mediation and conflict-resolution
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals to help clients meet their basic needs
As a Worksource Connection site in King County, ReWA offers online access to WorkSource services. These services include, for example, online job search, job seeker resources, unemployment services, and tutorials on topics like resume writing and interviewing. ReWA has two self-serve computer labs open to the public. One is located at our main offices: 4008 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle, WA 98108, and at our SeaTac Office: 4800 S. 188th, Suite 240, SeaTac, WA 98188.
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
TDD/Washington Telecommunications Relay Service 7-1-1