Employment and Vocational Training
Employment Case Management and Job Readiness Training
Many refugees and immigrants arrive in the U.S. with limited job histories and non-transferable skills, making it difficult to find employment. To break down barriers to employment, ReWA offers Job Readiness Training.
In this 20 hour course, participants receive:
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Job search assistance
- Interview preparation
- Overview of U.S. work culture
We also provide employment case management to our clients who are unemployed or underemployed and are experiencing housing instability. Our services include:
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job retention services, such as mediation and conflict-resolution
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals to help clients meet their basic needs
Childcare Training Program
ReWA partners with Childcare Resources to prepare eligible refugee and immigrants for immediate employment in the childcare field.
The Childcare Training Program consists of 16-hours per week of in-class instruction and a 12-hour per week off-site internship at a licensed childcare center. Trainees also receive training on job readiness and basic computer skills, and participate in pre-employment ESL classes. Graduates of the Childcare Training Program receive STAR Basic Childcare Training Certificates.
Childcare Training Program participants and graduates are eligible to receive additional services including:
- Child care assistance
- Assistance with transportation, job interviews, and job placement follow up
- Information and referral to community services
- Assistance with accessing post-placement upgrade training
- Career counseling and job advancement strategies
As a Worksource Connection site in King County, ReWA offers online access to WorkSource services. These services include, for example, online job search, job seeker resources, unemployment services, and tutorials on topics like resume writing and interviewing. ReWA’s self-serve computer lab, which is open to the public, is located at 4008 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle, WA 98108.
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
TDD/Washington Telecommunications Relay Service 7-1-1