Employment and Vocational Training
Employment Case Management and Job Readiness Training
Many refugees and immigrants arrive in the U.S. with limited job histories and non-transferable skills, making it difficult to find employment. To break down barriers to employment, ReWA offers Job Readiness Training.
In this 20 hour course, participants receive:
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Job search assistance
- Interview preparation
- Overview of U.S. work culture
We also provide employment case management to our clients who are unemployed or underemployed and are experiencing housing instability. Our services include:
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job retention services, such as mediation and conflict-resolution
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals to help clients meet their basic needs
Childcare Training Program
This full-time, 10 week program prepares eligible refugees and immigrants for immediate employment in the childcare field. Class components include:
- 30-hour STARS Childcare Basics instruction conducted by a MERIT approved trainer
- Volunteer internship placement in a licensed childcare center to gain hands-on experience
- Job readiness training which orients students to American workplace culture and expectations
- CPR/First Aid training and certification
- Food worker training and certification
- Employment case management to prepare resumes, practice interview skills, and assist in job search after graduation
Upon completion of the program, students have all the tools and certificates needed to gain employment as an Assistant Teacher or Teacher’s Aide in a preschool, daycare, or other childcare facility, with plenty of room for growth within the early childhood education field.
January 7 – March 14, 2019
9am-4pm Monday – Thursday
Kent Social Services Office
As a Worksource Connection site in King County, ReWA offers online access to WorkSource services. These services include, for example, online job search, job seeker resources, unemployment services, and tutorials on topics like resume writing and interviewing. ReWA has two self-serve computer labs open to the public. One is located at our main offices: 4008 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle, WA 98108, and at our SeaTac Office: 15245 International Blvd, Suite 207, SeaTac, WA 98188.
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
TDD/Washington Telecommunications Relay Service 7-1-1