Employment Case Management and Job Readiness Training
Many refugees and immigrants arrive in the U.S. with limited job histories and non-transferable skills, making it difficult to find employment.
ReWA’s 20 hour Job Readiness training offers:
- Resume and cover letter preparation assistance
- Job search assistance
- Interview preparation
- Overview of U.S. work culture
We also provide employment case management to our clients who are unemployed or underemployed and are experiencing housing instability. Our services include:
- Job search and placement assistance
- Job retention services, such as mediation and conflict-resolution
- Transportation assistance
- Referrals to help clients meet their basic needs (food, housing, transportation, and other social services)
To learn more please contact Afeworki at 206.721.0243
The Day 1 program offers:
- Career Coaching
- Short-term rental and tuition assistance
- Re-train and re-certify in your previous career
- Case management services
Do you qualify?
- Immigrant, refugee or asylee
- Low income
- ESL level 3 and above
- At least high school diploma or higher education that requires re-training or recertification in the U.S.A.
- Motivated to go back to school for career advancement
Contact Monday – Friday 9am-5pm, or leave a message
Mohammad (Dari/Farsi speaking) (206) 537-2298 email@example.com
Or Sahal (Somali speaking) (206) 537-2306 firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Care Aide Training Program
ReWA offers FREE Home Care Aide training for refugees and immigrants! Use this entry-level certification to start a career in healthcare.
- Free 75-hour HCA training
- Pay for most HCA jobs starts at $19/hour or more
- HCA certification and exam application assistance
- ReWA pays all or part of the application fee (normally $222)
- Resume assistance
- Interview preparation
- Computer training (with computer loan if needed)
Are you eligible?
- Interest in health care field
- Refugee or immigrant
- ESL level 3 or higher
- Ready to work immediately
As a Worksource Connection site in King County, ReWA offers online access to WorkSource services. These services include, for example, online job search, job seeker resources, unemployment services, and tutorials on topics like resume writing and interviewing. ReWA has two self-serve computer labs open to the public. One is located at our main offices: 4008 Martin Luther King Jr. Way S., Seattle, WA 98108, and at our SeaTac Office: 4800 S. 188th, Suite 240, SeaTac, WA 98188.
Refugee Women’s Alliance (ReWA) is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request.
TDD/Washington Telecommunications Relay Service 7-1-1