Volunteers represent the spirit of philanthropy by generously investing time and resources in the lives of our newest neighbors in need. At ReWA, volunteers contribute significantly toward the achievement of our mission and goals.
Current Available Opportunities
Please note at this time we do not have any available weekend volunteer opportunities.
ESL Classroom Assistants
Mentor a small group to five students during class and group discussions. Assist adult learners one-on-one in class with English language and computer literacy skills. Help facilitate in-class activities, with opportunities to lead sessions and create lesson plans.
Locations / class times
- Kent / Monday & Tuesday 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM (multiple levels)
- Rainier Valley / Tuesdays 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (level 1)
- Rainier Valley / Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (level 2)
- SeaTac / Thursday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM (level 1)
- SeaTac / Monday & Wednesday 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM (level 2)
Early Learning Center Classroom Assistants
Assist staff in facilitating in-class activities. Assist in cleaning, data entry, and in classroom tasks.
Locations and times: Rainier Valley & Lake City Early Learning Centers, Mornings & Early Afternoons only
Childcare Training Program Class Assistants
Work one-on-one or with small groups. Assist teachers in a multicultural, multi-level class. Locations and times: Kent Office 1:00 – 4:00 PM Assist non-native speakers in learning the job training curriculum.
Elementary School Classroom Assistants
Lead small group literacy activities and games. Tutor students in grades 1-5 in reading and homework. Help facilitate in-class activities, with opportunities to lead sessions.
Locations and times: Rainier Valley and Beacon Hill, Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs: 2:15 PM – 5:00 PM To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com, to start the process. For most positions, volunteers are placed one week after background checks and orientation has been completed.
Once your resume is submitted you will be contacted within one week to complete next steps: orientation, background check and placement.
All volunteers are required to attend an orientation before they begin volunteering with ReWA. Orientations are held once a month.
Corporate Volunteer Opportunities
We welcome corporate volunteers to our offices. If your office is interested in getting involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits of volunteering with ReWA
• Acquire skills in teaching ESL/Citizenship/Job Training or tutoring school-aged children • Help refugee and immigrant adults gain familiarity with the U.S. culture and community resources • Gain knowledge about issues facing newcomer families • Learn about the social services available to refugees and immigrants • Be a part of an exciting, community-based effort to make a difference in the lives of refugee and immigrant women and their families