ReWA began in 1985 as a small group of refugee women who volunteered to support their community. 35 years later, we are grateful for the support of more than 200 volunteers each year who are central to our ReWA family. Thank you for contributing toward the achievement of our mission and goals by sharing your time, care and commitment with our neighbors.
Due to COVID-19, ReWA does not have in-person volunteer opportunities. We will post new remote positions here.
Citizenship Class Volunteers (Online)
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 3:00-4:45pm, starting 12/1
- Saturdays 1:30-5:00pm, starting 12/12
See position description here, and apply below.
Please fill out the Volunteer Application. Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted to complete next steps: orientation, background check and placement.
Community Engagement Opportunities
ReWA loves partnering with community organizations and companies. If your organization is interested in getting involved please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of volunteering with ReWA
• Acquire skills in teaching ESL/Citizenship/Job training/Tutoring
• Support refugee and immigrant adults in gaining familiarity with the U.S. culture and community resources
• Be a part of an exciting, community-based effort to make a difference in the lives of newcomer refugee and immigrant families.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator for more information.
(206) 721-8455 ext. 227