Volunteers represent the spirit of philanthropy by generously investing time and resources in the lives of our newest neighbors in need. At ReWA, volunteers contribute significantly toward the achievement of our mission and goals.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Unfortunately, we have no volunteer openings at this time. Please check back for updates.
- Acquire skills in teaching ESL/Citizenship/Job Training or tutoring school-aged children
- Help refugee and immigrant adults gain familiarity with the U.S. culture and community resources
- Gain knowledge about issues facing newcomer families
- Learn about the social services available to refugees and immigrants
- Be a part of an exciting, community-based effort to make a difference in the lives of refugee and immigrant women and their families
Minimum age requirement is 18.
Must pass a background check.
The most important qualification is a desire to work with and help people from diverse cultures and backgrounds. In all our volunteer positions, past experience is helpful, but not necessary.
Minimum time commitment
Due to the training and orientation required, we ask that volunteers make a commitment of at least three to six months. Unless they make other arrangements, volunteers are scheduled for a 2- to 3-hour period, one day per week.
All volunteers are required to attend an orientation before they begin volunteering with ReWA.
If you are interested in a volunteer opportunity, please complete our volunteer application.